Acknowledgments of ECC reviewer/January 2020
Reviewing a manuscript written by a fellow scientist is a privilege. However, it is a time-consuming responsibility. Hence, JPBB’s Editorial Board, authors, and audiences appreciate your willingness to accept this responsibility and your dedication. JPBB adheres to a double-blind peer-review process that is rapid, fair, and ensures a high quality of articles published. In so doing, JPBB needs reviewers who can provide insightful and helpful comments on submitted manuscripts with a turn around time of about 6 weeks. Maintaining ECC as a scientific journal of high quality depends on reviewers with a high level of expertise and an ability to be objective, fair, and insightful in their evaluation of manuscripts.
If ECC’s Editor-in-Chief has invited you to review a manuscript, please consider the following:
- Reviewing manuscript critically but constructively and preparing detailed comments about the manuscript to help authors improve their work
- Reviewing multiple versions of a manuscript as necessary
- Providing all required information within established deadlines
- Making recommendations to the editor regarding the suitability of the manuscript for publication in the journal
- Declaring to the editor any potential conflicts of interest with respect to the authors or the content of a manuscript they are asked to review
- Reporting possible research misconducts
- Suggesting alternative reviewers in case they cannot review the manuscript for any reasons
- Treating the manuscript as a confidential document
- Not making any use of the work described in the manuscript
- Not communicating directly with authors, if somehow they identify the authors
- Not identifying themselves to authors
- Not passing on the assigned manuscript to another reviewer
- Ensuring that the manuscript is of high quality and original work
- Informing the editor if he/she finds the assigned manuscript is under consideration in any other publication to his/her knowledge
- Writing review report in English only
- Authoring a commentary for publication related to the reviewed manuscript
WHAT SHOULD BE CHECKED WHILE REVIEWING A MANUSCRIPT?
- Scientific reliability
- Valuable contribution to the science
- Adding new aspects to the existed field of study
- Ethical aspects
- Structure of the article submitted and its relevance to authors’ guidelines
- References provided to substantiate the content
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Scientific misconduct
Peer reviewers are key to advancing scholarship and contributing to the quality of scholarly journals. We would like to thank the following reviewers who have taken part in the peer-review process for Journal of Plant Bioinformatics and Biotechnology (JPBB).
Manuscripts not adhering to journal guidelines will be returned to authors without scientific evaluation. Submitted manuscripts adhering to journal guidelines are reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief or an Editor, who will assign them to reviewers. The Editorial Board prepares a decision letter according to the comments of the reviewers, which is sent to the corresponding author. All non-reviewed manuscripts are sent back within 10 days and decisions letters of manuscripts are sent within 4-6 weeks.
You can find the short training about reviewing: Publons Academy On Demand Webinar
We wanted to remind you about our free, online peer review training course -- the Publons Academy.
Gene Expression Studies, Plant Nano-Biotechnology
Department of Agronomy and Plant Breeding University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Ardabil, Iran.
Research Department of agronomy and plant breeding, agricultural research institute, university of zabol, zabol, iran
Graduated from Ph.D Plant Breeding, Department of Agriculture and Plant Breeding, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Guilan, Guilan, Iran
Phenotypes and Genotypes
Research Department of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, Agricultural Research Institute, University of Zabol, Zabol, Iran
Plant Cell, Organ and Tissue Culture
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Science, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Ali Ashraf Mehrabi
Plant Cell, Organ and Tissue Culture
Department of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, University of Ilam, Ilam, Iran
Hossein Ali Ramshini
Department of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, Aboureihan Campous, University of Tehran, Tehran Iran
Fazal ur Rehman
Plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR)
Department of Plant Pathology, College of Agriculture, University of Sargodha,